Sunday, January 17, 2010

Snow Days...(there are so many!)

Many of you don't know this...but i am a closet photographer. I inherited one of my father's Canon A-1 cameras (circa 1980) with about 4 lens and a flash. I have used this camera to shoot engagement pictures, family portraits, baby announcements, and even weddings. I loved using it. But over the past 9 years or so, it has become quite obsolete. I mean...who really wants film when they can get instant digital?! When I was asked to take pictures of a friend's family, just recently, I explained that I could only do film. Nick overheard this conversation...and decided it was time for my dream to finally come true! So...One of my most favorite Christmas presents that I got this year...was a Digital SLR camera. And he also added in my favorite and most coveted lens...55-250mm (aka telephoto).

I have been playing with and experimenting with my new Canon SLR. I have taken many shots...and I have been quite smitten with it. I mean, the quality of the shot doesn't even compare to any of my other cameras. I am most impressed with the snow shots. Point and Shoot Digital cameras can't really capture snowfall (at least, not well). So I took my camera out and played in the snow. Enjoy. Give feedback.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Erika, I love the pictures! What an awesome gift. Can't wait to see what you do with it! And thanks for the support over on my blog. [taking deep breaths] I'm ready for this, really. :-)

Patty said...

Those are some great pictures. I have always wanted to get a really nice camera to do more with photography. I never knew that you did photography, have fun with it.

Rob and Jewls said...

You did a great job for just beginning with a new camera! I love them all!

Esther Noelle said...

I love that you say you are a closet photographer! :) I got a Canon SLR last year for Christmas and am still figuring out how to use it but like you said, the picture quality is immediately a million times better! Great pictures!!!

Rebecca said...

Awesome...I especially love the ones out in the snow, you captured some great shots! So fun!