- I want to be the one to teach my children about sex and intimacy.
- I don't want to make them believe that sex is bad; instead that it is special and important.
- I want to teach them while they are young...but are they ever too young?
- I want to warn them about dangers in the outside world...porn, abuse, etc.
- I don't want them to ever feel uncomfortable talking about it with myself or Nick.
Does anyone have suggestions about when to start talking to them about this? Are there any good books out there? Any advice?
As I was googling the topic just now...I came across "A Parent's Guide" (put out by the church). Although it was published in 1985...it still seems somewhat prevelent today. There are a lot more issues facing out families now, but at least it touches on the basics.