Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's Autumn Time, It's Autumn Time...

...the leaves are falling down.
This has been the most colorful Autumn in Ames...at least that I have seen in Ames thus far. I grew up in Maryland where the trees are over abundant and quite colorful. I love seeing all the colors. In fact, I remember my freshman year at BYU...I missed fall so much, I begged my mom to take pictures of some of my favorite trees in our neighborhood. It seems silly, but I really treasured those pictures of home.

Since we have moved here, Fall came and left so quickly. I suppose it was just so abruptly cold, that the trees didn't have time to go through the process. This year has been very mild...so the colors changed slowly and dramatically. I fell in love with Autumn all over again. So I had to take pictures...to remember Ames.
Inis Grove Park
Monkey Austin

Kaden did not want me to take his picture...can you tell?!

Sydney

And Nick too!

3 comments:

Melody said...

Love the shot of Nick. Clearly autumn makes him giddy as a schoolboy.

Patty said...

The fall time here was gorgeous too, I was surprised. The pictures are beautiful.

Allison and Phelan Murdoch said...

haha, I haven't really ever looked at your blog that much. This post is really funny. First because of the picture of kaden being angry, and second because nick is copying sydney. haha too funny!