Monday, June 2, 2008

The Flood

So, I don't know if you have heard...but Ames flooded last Friday. It was a little crazy to see everything flooded and impassable. The neighbors said that this has only happened a few times since 1993. They told me all the dramatic stats of the 93 flood, and I concluded that this was small potatoes in comparison! So this is a picture of a horse pasture submerged about 3-4 feet underwater. I assume that the horses are doing just fine. But the crazy thing is that by Saturday, most things were flood free. And Guess what...it is supposed to rain every day this week! I am a bit nervous of what's to come!

1 comment:

Mike and Brittany said...

You guys don't get a break do you? Harsh winters, floods, tornadoes. I think it's time to come back out east. Hope you guys are still managing well