Friday, September 17, 2010

We Moved!


Nick went to Interview for a New Mexico State Assistant District Attorney job on June 5th. By June 9th, Nick accepted the job offer, we put a bid on a house, and we started packing. Nick's job started 2.5 weeks later.
Panic set in.
Nick was leaving in 2 weeks. We packed like crazy while he was home. But after he left...I had 4 kids to take care of, a 5 BR house to pack up, and drive out to meet him.
Anxiety galore!
The kids and I (along with myfabulous sister and niece) rolled into Alamogordo, NM on July 13th. We did it. I still say that this summer was one of the toughest times of my life...but I did survive it! Gracefully?! Nope. But I survived. I should say...We all survived!

4 comments:

Rob and Jewls said...

That seriously gives me anxiety just thinking about it. I am so sorry you had to endure that. I am not surprised you survived though being the totally awesome and rockin chick that you are! I sure hope this blog post means you are coming through the thick of it and are getting back to normal. Miss and love! ps. Would it be totally weird for me to drop in to NM to visit solo some time?! Maybe that is the only way we could chat! ;)

Jessie said...

Oh my. I'm wondering if this will be me in a couple weeks.
I'm wondering how we'd sell a house we've only been in for 2 years (therefore hardly any equity) and then buy a new house. I have a feeling we'll be in renter mode if we get uprooted from this lay-off.

Anyway - your new house looks great, and I'm so glad that super panicked craziness is behind you!

Alisa said...

Wow! That sounds like our last year. I feel for you and hope you're able to settle in quick. I really love New Mexico.

P.S. Our blog is private now, what's your email address so I can send an invite?

said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.