Monday, September 8, 2008

Not Yet 30!


So the day before my 29th birthday, we celebrated...Ames style. What does that mean you ask? Well, we went to Hickory Park, of course! They sang and all. According to the waitress, Kaden was way more into their singing than I was. Not surprising!
My actual birthday was a super day too...full of food, pampering, and fun! It started with breakfast out with the ladies. I sent out a mass email to ladies in the ward, and asked people to come celebrate with me. We went to the Cafe and I enjoyed my favorite apple french toast! Yummy, yummy! (Sorry to cause pangs of jealousy to you Erin!) After I got home from breakfast, I skipped a church meeting (shhhh!) and went Garage Sale-ing with Sydney instead. I spent way too much money...but got some pretty awesome stuff (including 2 floor lamps for $2 each, a $5 acoustic guitar with bag, 8 shirts and sweaters for myself, just to name a few)! I love Ames and its plethora of weekend garage sales. Let's see...after that...Nick surprised me with an appointment for a pedicure and manicure. He knows that he always wins me over with that present! Stephanie came along...and we enjoyed the pampering. And then that evening, Madison came over to babysit...and we went out to PF Changs in West Des Moines (and no, we didn't see Shawn Johnson, DARN!). What a fun Night!!! Bonus Points to Nick for throwing together a fabulous birthday.
We had to continue the celebration...since we didn't celebrate at home with candles and cake with the kids. Why this matters, I don't really know...but Sydney thought it was essential! So...The next day, we had the "BYUI Gangsta Pimp" missionaries and friends over to celebrate with the family. Luckily, my cake was "ferg-i-licious!" (Sorry, inside joke...sort of!) It was an all-around party, as far as those sort of parties go! Austin even helped me blow out my candle! What a stinker!! He thought it was hilarious! Funny Kid!

Well, I am 29 now...and so lucky!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I am only a teensy bit jealous...I was there in spirit, just so you know :)

And I miss the garage sales too - although Christian misses them more.

I'm so glad you had a fun birthday weekend. I wish I could have been there to help in the celebration. Tell Stephanie hello!

Marshall Nair said...

Happy Birthday. I also am going to start checking out garage sales in our area, as it is also a popular thing around here

Patty said...

Well Happy Birthday. I'm glad that you had a wonderful time, it sounds like Nick did a good job.

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Erica! It was fun catching up on your family, glad you guys are enjoying life. SO glad that Sydney is okay after her crazy accident!
(Becca & Andrew)