Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yes, we are still here!

Hi everyone! Let's just say...August was my hardest month so far this year. I have learned a lot about myself, my children, and my patience. As for myself, I have learned to realize that I cannot do everything. I have known this for a long time...but it was a friendly reminder lesson for me. As for my children, they are social like me...and camp, school, and other out-of-the-house activities are ways to keep the peace in our home. As for my patience, I have learned that I have very little (if any at all). Well, we have done some fun things this summer...
  1. Visited family in Wisconsin...where we did fireworks, boating, and playing!
  2. Took a family vacation (24 hours) to Mall of America and Nickolodeon Universe.
  3. Entertained lots of family and friends as they made their way through Iowa.
  4. And due to some maternal encouragement, I started my own business (as a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant)...and I actually am having fun with it!
  5. Built a swing and climbing spiderweb in our yard...or I should say that Nick (and Chip) did that, while I cheered them on!

Yeah, now that summer is over...I am excited for school to start. I am hoping that this will bring a lot of peace back into our lives. I can dream, can't I!!! (wink, wink)


1 comment:

Marshall Nair said...

Glad you're still here, but looks like a fun, busy summer. You're a fun mom