Saturday, May 10, 2008

Winter Quarters


At first, I was quite "unexcited" to drive the youth to the Winter Quarters Temple for baptisms. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive one way...and I never really enjoyed long drives.
But I had a great time. The kids in my car were great...we talked, some slept, some read, and some sat bored stiff. (You know, our ward has really great youth...they are just good kids. It make my job easier, that's for sure.)
While I was at the temple, I was able to do a session. I really enjoyed myself. Although I slept through some of it (we had to leave at 645 am), I really loved the peace and calm I felt there. Temples sure are great. The Winter Quarters Temple is small, by quite beautiful. Now I can say that I have been to 7 temples (DC, Provo, Mt Timp, SLC, Las Vegas, Nauvoo, and Winter Quarters). Not bad.

2 comments:

Patty said...

That is so cool that you were able to go that temple. Dallon and I went to the Ogden Temple this past weekend for the first time. Now we can say that we have been to 11 temples(Rexburg, Boise, Idaho Falls, DC, Atlanta, Provo, Timpanogas, Jordan River, Ogden, SLC, Copenhagen DK).

Mike and Brittany said...

Sounds great. I used to live in Logan and Ogden and visit weekly. Oh how I miss that. Now being further away and with a kid, it makes it so much harder to go nearly as often. Glad you had a good time.